Fees and Terms
Tanya is a Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and adheres to an ethical code of conduct when carrying out Psychological Services. Tanya is also a member of the Australian Association of Psychologists Incorporated and the Australian Psychological Society.
* All consultations must be paid for following the appointment by Direct Debit or Credit Card.
* SenseWell Psychology is a Medicare Service Provider. Medicare rebates of $87.45 per 55 minute consultation are available when a referral letter and mental health treatment plan are provided by your GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. There is a co-payment fee required that operates on a sliding scale depending upon the client's personal circumstances. There is a different co-payment rate depending on the hours a person works or whether they are pensioners or non-working students. See the table below for full details. Mental Health Treatment Plans provide 6 to 10 therapy sessions maximum, per calendar year.
* TeleHealth Consultations are available to clients under Medicare (with co-payment) if you are telehealth eligible or via private billing. Telehealth eligibility usually requires that you are living in a rural or remote region. TeleHealth Consultations may also be available under Medicare (with co-payment) if your presenting issues are related to COVID-19. Unfortunately, TeleHealth under Medicare is not available to people who live in urban and regional areas as it is anticipated that you have access to a local Psychologist.
* For clients who are privately billed, your Health Care Fund may offer rebates for your Psychology appointments. You will need to check with your Health Fund Provider to determine your level of cover, whether rebates apply for you and how to claim them.
* The APS recommends that Psychologists charge $251 for a 45-50 minute session.
SenseWell Psychology Fees are as follows: